Saturday, July 18, 2020

A PRAYER FOR TIMES OF DESPERATION


Heavenly father, the scaffolding of my faith seems to be collapsing around me.
The person that I find inside does not impress me.

Has it all gone? Have you gone? What am I to do?
The advice from many is that you still love me, and that I must continue to have faith even when everything is falling apart.

Heavenly Father, advice is not the same as relationship.
I cannot pretend that love fills me when it simply does not.
I don’t want to rely on scaffolding any more.
I want you.

I want my life with you to be close and warm and genuine.
I’m reaching out to you now. Meet me in my fear and brokenness.
I need the real you now in a way that I never really understood before.
Thank you for listening.

Thank you for Jesus.
Amen. 

SOURCE: Adrian Plass, 2020 https://adrianplass.com