Friday, March 27, 2020

"Lament" -- Seacoast Worship

The Bible is filled with lament. Over a third of the Psalms are laments. The book of Lamentations weeps over the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus lamented in the final hours of his life.

“Laments turn toward God when sorrow tempts you to run from him.”  

But lament is different than crying because lament is a form of prayer. It is more than just the expression of sorrow or the venting of emotion. Lament talks to God about pain. And it has a unique purpose: trust. It is a divinely-given invitation to pour out our fears, frustrations, and sorrows for the purpose of helping us to renew our confidence in God.




LYRICS:
You say you're near to the broken You say your peace passes understanding You say you're hope for the hurting Where are you now So come close, I'm on the verge of breaking Come close, I'm desperate for your presence Come close, the weight of pain is crushing Come close She touched your hem and you healed her You opened eyes with the dirt we walk on When will I wake from this nightmare Where are you now Where are you now So come close, I'm on the verge of breaking Come close, I'm desperate for your presence Come close, the weight of pain is crushing Come close You are good, you are good, I believe you are good You are good, you are good, I still believe you are good You are good, you are good, I believe you are good You are good, you are good, I still believe that you are good So come close, I'm on the verge of breaking Come close, I'm desperate for your presence Come close, the weight of pain is crushing Come close If you're not scared of my questions Where are you now

Seacoast Worship's "Lament", featuring Rachel Davis.